3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2012 5:36 AM by Rick Gerard

Text not sharp, why?

Devoteez Level 1

http://imgur.com/y71Qf

This is 100% from my comp. It looks the same if I render it. What can be the cause of this and what can I do about it?

My comp is PAL D1/DV Widescreen, 720x676px.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Text not sharp, why?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A screenshot of your comp would be more helpful. You've probably have pixel aspect ratio correction turned on which gives you a lower quality preview. There's just not enough info.

BTW, you can post an image directly by simply using the camera icon at the top of the reply window.

• 2. Re: Text not sharp, why?
            Devoteez Level 1

Yes I did have that turned on, but if I dont the preview looks very squished? Also, in the render the text doesnt look sharp either so....

Thanks I did not know that!

• 3. Re: Text not sharp, why?
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'd suggest that you use the square pixel preset for your project. The  preview will look much better, everything will look better. Any PAL video you have for your project will automatically fit in the frame and be automatically corrected. When you're ready for the final render you can use the AME (Adobe Media Encoder) to produce your non square output or nest your PAL Widescreen Square Pixel composition in a PAL DV widescreen comp and render that. No scaling will be necessary.