2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2008 5:26 PM by kglad

Fullscreen FLV bug on PC Safari 3.0.1 on up?

So for some bizarre reason the QA people at my office are planning on halting the launch of a built video player - for the .02 percent of the people that use Safari on the PC.

The issue is when in fullscreen, the scrub bar that i have maintains it's length. So rather than having, say, a 25 pixel wide scrub bar it just stretches as the video plays. Naturally this becomes a problem since a user can't see where they are scrubbing.

I spent some time searching the web looking for answers (including going through Adobe's forum, support, documentation, etc) and so far there doesn't seem to be an answer. The funny thing is that Safari on the PC isn't listed in the supported browsers...but as anyone who's dealt with QA people knows, that answer won't do.

The AS code for the scrub bar is standard:

function videoStatus() {
      vPlayerHMC.vidPlayer.amountLoaded = playFlvStream.bytesLoaded / playFlvStream.bytesTotal;
      loader.loadbar._width = amountLoaded * 104.8;
      loader.scrub._x = playFlvStream.time / duration * 104.8;
      }

var scrubInterval;

loader.scrub.onPress = function() {
      clearInterval(videoInterval);
      scrubInterval = setInterval(scrubit,10);
      this.startDrag(false,0,this._y,105,this._y);
      }

loader.scrub.onRelease = loader.scrub.onReleaseOutside = function() {
      clearInterval(scrubInterval);
      videoInterval = setInterval(videoStatus,100);
      this.stopDrag();
      }

function scrubit() {
      playFlvStream.seek(Math.floor((loader.scrub._x / 108) * duration));
      }

and has worked on all other browsers and versions that we are supporting the fullscreen mode.

I found a post on PixelMonster describing a similar bug - however it listed the bug for AS3 (we're using 2) and a change in the SWFObject param (wmode = opaque)....however we can't use that since the wmode is preset.

Anyone else having a problem with it...or know of any possible solution?

Thanks!