2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2012 7:05 PM by pandora454

Moving selected objects up and down with keyboard is automaticly applying a colour fill.

pandora454

Hi,

My InDesign is strangely applying a colour fill when i move an objects up or down using the directional arrow in my keyboard. If the colour pallet is open. Nudging an object up makes the pallet disappear on the first press. It then reappears on the second press while filling the object (text frame) with black. This is instensly frustrating. How can I stop this? Suggestions would be very appreciated.

I have already reset the preferences.

Cheers,

• 1. Re: Moving selected objects up and down with keyboard is automaticly applying a colour fill.
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I have to ask if you reset the prefs uing one of the methods in this thread: Replace Your Preferences

If not, there's a good chance you left out one of the files, so please try again using one of the listed methods. And please tell us the OS and your version of ID, including the patch level.

Obviously this is not normal behavior. It sounds as if the Swatches panel has focus when you are pressing the arrow keys.

• 2. Re: Moving selected objects up and down with keyboard is automaticly applying a colour fill.
            pandora454 Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

I fixed the problem by replacing the keyboard!

Cheers,

Nick Meadows

0421 976 704

www.nickmeadows.com

Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 06:01:22 -0600

To: meadowsnick@hotmail.com

Subject: Moving selected objects up and down with keyboard is automaticly applying a colour fill.

Re: Moving selected objects up and down with keyboard is automaticly applying a colour fill.

created by Peter Spier in InDesign - View the full discussion

I have to ask if you reset the prefs uing one of the methods in this thread: Replace Your Preferences If not, there's a good chance you left out one of the files, so please try again using one of the listed methods. And please tell us the OS and your version of ID, including the patch level. Obviously this is not normal behavior. It sounds as if the Swatches panel has focus when you are pressing the arrow keys.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4302200#4302200

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4302200#4302200. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in InDesign by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.