12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2012 3:51 AM by nealeh

Can you add NewBlueFX plugins to PE10?

joanchristine

Hi!

I'm using Premiere Elements 10 right now and I had fun using the video effects presets that came with it but I wanted to know if it's possible to add more plugins / presets to the software? I saw on NewBlue FX's site that you can purchase plugins but didn't really specify if plugins were compatible with PE10. It just said it's for Premiere.

Please help.

Thank you!

Joan Christine

• 1. Re: Can you add NewBlueFX plugins to PE10?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Yes, you can, Joan. They even give away a couple of free ones on their site.

http://www.newbluefx.com/

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can you add NewBlueFX plugins to PE10?
            joanchristine Level 1

Hi Steve!

Thanks for your reply! Uhm, I'm sorry I had to ask this but I've been searching around on how to actually add the plugins to PE10? How do they show up on the video effects preset window? I have downloaded the free plugins, installed them on the same folder where the other plugins are located but they still don't show up on PE10. I know there must be something wrong here that i'm doing. I'm just not sure what it is coz I couldn't find any step-by-step instructions for it. Sorry, noob here.

Hope you could help. Thanks a lot!

-Joan

• 3. Re: Can you add NewBlueFX plugins to PE10?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I wonder, do you have the 64-bit version of PrE 10 installed, and are those Effects 64-bit, or 32-bit?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Can you add NewBlueFX plugins to PE10?
                joanchristine Level 1

Hi Steve!

Thanks for your reply! Uhm, I'm sorry I had to ask this but I've been searching around on how to actually add the plugins to PE10? How do they show up on the video effects preset window? I have downloaded the free plugins, installed them on the same folder where the other plugins are located but they still don't show up on PE10. I know there must be something wrong here that i'm doing. I'm just not sure what it is coz I couldn't find any step-by-step instructions for it. Sorry, noob here.

-Joan

• 5. Re: Can you add NewBlueFX plugins to PE10?
                  joanchristine Level 1

Hi Steve!

-Joan

• 6. Re: Can you add NewBlueFX plugins to PE10?
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Joan,

I have never added any additional NewBlue FX, so do not have any instructions. What you did, sounds like it should work, but in your case, it is not.

Effects must be written for the version of the program, that one has installed. Until recently, all were written for 32-bit OS's and programs. However, PrE 10 introduced the possibility of installing a 64-bit version of PrE, on a 64-bit version of the OS. What that means is that Effects/plug-ins, written for 32-bit, will no longer work.

Same thing happened, when Adobe introduced PrPro CS 5, which was ONLY 64-bit. All older Effects/plug-ins, that were 32-bit, would no longer work. Many suppliers wrote 64-bit versions, and some offered upgrades for free, or a greatly reduced "upgrade price." I do not know if NewBlue FX has re-written their Effects/plug-ins to 64-bit. If not, the older, 32-bit Effects/plug-ins will not work in the 64-bit version of PrE. You might need to check with NewBlue FX, and get verification.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Can you add NewBlueFX plugins to PE10?
                      joanchristine Level 1

Hi Bill!

I just checked, I got a 64-bit PrE10 version installed here. Although, I'm not sure if the free plugins I got from NewBlue were also 64-bit. That could've been the problem. Maybe I should just use a lower version for now?

Thanks a lot for helping me!

-Joan

• 8. Re: Can you add NewBlueFX plugins to PE10?
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

If the Effects are important to you, and have yet been re-written for 64-bit, that would be an option.

When PrPro introduced 64-bit only program in CS 5, some users retained CS 4 (Adobe even offered the older version in the suites), to use their older 32-bit Effects/plug-ins, until the providers were able to re-write and release the 64-bit versions.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Can you add NewBlueFX plugins to PE10?
                          joanchristine Level 1

Thanks Hunt! This was really helpful!

Cheers!

Joan

• 10. Re: Can you add NewBlueFX plugins to PE10?
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

You are most welcome.

Though I have never contacted them, others say that NewBlue FX has great support. I would e-mail their Technical Support group, and ask about the design of their Effects. They might just have 64-bit Effects, but in another location on their Web site?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Can you add NewBlueFX plugins to PE10?
                              nealeh Level 5

joanchristine wrote:

plugins I got from NewBlue were also 64-bit.

Plugins plural? I only found the cartoon one. Can you post a link for the free ones you downloaded, please.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children