Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Java error while publishing for iOS

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I keep receiving an error while trying to publish for iOS.

I already found a thread to this topic and tried to do what was marked there as solution (http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/overlay-air-sdk-flash-professional.html), though it didn't help.

I snippingtooled the error into the screenshot. If anyone could help me find out what to do to fix this, it would be great.

Error text:

flash_cs5_error.PNG

Thank you very much,

gdDept

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sol,

I do not know if your problem is related to this:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/large-flash-applications-compile-incorrectly.html

Try and let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, BaronKarza, though unfortunately it still didn't help. When I changed the memory to 256 first, I received an error which looks similar to the first one though a bit different.

Error text:

flash_cs5_error2.PNG

I thought that maybe 256 memory is still not enough and changed it to 512. The error I received then exactly matched the first one. It's actually kind of weird. But I hope it somehow helps the analysis of the problem source.

gdDept

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happens always or only when creating the ipa for that project?

Have you tried to create a new empty project (that  writes on screen hello world) and to create an ipa from that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Only when publishing ipa. If I run with ctrl + enter or with ctrl + shift + enter it compiles without errors.

2. I did so already. Worked fine. Even already installed it on iPhone for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so you can do three things more

1) If you can, try to create the ipa from another computer.

2) Or try this: close flash, then delete the main-app.xml file used for iOS: reopen flash and your project and it should recreate it for you. Then retry to create the ipa

3) [desperate try] create a brand new fla and copy everything from the old one to the new one, then reset the stage width and height and so on and try to create the .ipa

Sorry mate, I can't help more than this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried 2. Didn't work. Don't know if I'll be able to try 1, but I'll definately try 3.

You could help me if you could explain what the error means by itself. Not why it happens, rather what the lines of the error might mean and what memory is meant.

Beside that, I already thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sol,

Thanks for reporting the issue, we would like to investigate it at our end.

Would it be possible for you to share the swf and xml which reproduces the issue.

Also, what version of AIR SDK you're using.

-Thanks

Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pahup,

thank you very much for your interest in this matter. Unfortunately I can't make the decision if I can hand out the project data

myself - I will have to discuss the matter with my superior first, who is away at the moment. You will receive an answer most likely at the end of the week.

Thank you again for you interest and your patience - it is highly important to me to be able to solve this problem and therefore any help is appreciated.

As for the version, after receiving the error I made all the necessary procedures to get everything onto the latest state. I reinstalled Flash CS5.5 and applied the latest updates.

The error remained unchanged. According to http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/determine-version-air-runtime.html the exact version of my AIR is 3.2.0.2070.

Regards,

gdDept

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Donny,

thank you for your answer.

How exactly do I do that? I followed a tutorial on setting up SDK (http://www.air-tutorial.com/installing-air-sdk) but I receive

errors when entering

adt -command options

as follows:

cmd_error.PNG

I entered the path of the adl.exe and adt.bat as described in the tutorial and also the path of java.exe as (i hope i understood correctly) mentioned in the link you gave me.

Sorry for the questions. I just started doing this in january so I'm pretty new to many routines in this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too usually use Flash Pro CS5.5.

But recently I needed to implement an extension, which currently requires compilation through the ADT.

I set the path to windows described here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f-71994050128cca87097-8000.html

Then followed the steps here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS597e5dadb9cc1e0253f7d2fc1311b491071-8000.html

In your case, just ignore the reference to extensions.

I recommend pulling all the required files into a single folder too for easier reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, we had a talk and it seems I have to do some things before I can just send the project. I need to replace the pictures with dummies and possibly to replace the text with placeholder texts.

I honestly don't know how long it will take. The pictures won't be a problem but there is over 1500 lines with texts. I don't want to delete the lines in order not to change code so the error can be reproduced, so I will have to change the content instead. I'm sorry, but my superior doesn't want to give away the project data without having applied those changes.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Regards,

gdDept

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pahup,

the images are removed and the texts are replaced with gibberish. The project data is now ready to be sent. Where do I send it to? What else information do you need to be able to reproduce the error?

Thank you again for your patience. I hope you are still willing to help.

gdDept

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please send it to pahup at adobe . com

-Thanks

Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you guys find any solution? I'm facing exactly the same problem here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4443256#4443256

I use AIR 3.2 sdk in my project, but I have tried 3.3 beta also, unfortunatelly with no success :(.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. And in my case the reason was kind of weird and the solution pretty simple. I had a function, in which I stored dialogues of a game, doing this via multidimensional arrays. It came out, that it was too much for one function. For some reason, storing data into arrays within one function can result in this error (I had about 1500 lines of storing strings into arrays in the function).

All I did is separate the function into 6 parts. The original function acts as a calling function for 6 subfunctions, storing the data.

Something like

private function storeData():void{

storeDataPart1();

storeDataPart2();

storeDataPart3();

storeDataPart4();

storeDataPart5();

//etc.

{

For some reason it helped in my case.

hth!

gdDept

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a milion!

You gave me a clue, that led me here: http://deltaluca.me.uk/forum/index.php/m/2148/0ce4c49cc2c79979154c56737d2978a4/

NAPE was compiling sooo long (and ended with Java's error). Using latest optimalized builds solved the problem.

I'm Happy now ;D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Funny thing is, it was similar in my case. A buddy of mine suggested the problem might be that the compiler doesn't digest multidimensional arrays and I started altering my code to find a workaround what inadvertently led me to the solution. Glad to have helped you with a clue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines