2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2012 1:45 PM by Steve Grisetti

Elements 10 merging lengthy projects?

trickmc1

I have three basic questions: Does Elements 10 give me the opportunity to save the timelines from separate projects and then merge them later into one project? If so, how can I do it? Am I able to cut and paste timeline information from one project to the other inside of Elements 10? I just bought Elements 10 last week and am editing what could turn out to be a full length 90 minute documentary. The footage was shot on a Canon T2i camera in 1920 x 1080 high definition video, and I'm using a HP Pavilion dv6 computer with 8 GBs of Ram and a i5 CPU M460 @253 GHz. I may upload the footage onto YouTube in 15 minute segments. So far I have a 5 minute segment and I'm wondering if I have to keep adding to this segment until I have a 15 minute clip, or can I start a new project for each segment and then merge them together as I decide which segments to combine in each 15 minute unit? Once I have 6 (15 minute clips), can I combine them all together and make a 90 minute DVD?   Will my 8 GBs of Ram be able to handle more than a 30 minute project?

• 1. Re: Elements 10 merging lengthy projects?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

In a word, no, at least not directly.

Now, you can Export/Share each Timeline as a discrete AV file, which can be Imported into other Projects.

You can also use a Clipboard extender, such as ClipMate, to Copy form one Project's Timeline, and then Open a different Project, and Paste into its Timeline.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Elements 10 merging lengthy projects?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can't combine several timelines in Premiere Elements, as you can with Premiere Pro.

You have to output each short segment and then combine the short videos into a final project.

Which Share settings you use to do this depends on whether you're working hi-def or standard def video.

Since you're assembling footage for a DVD, you can output from your hi-def video projects using Share/Computer/AVI to output a DV-AVI of each segments.

You can then combine these finished segment in a project set up for standard DV and output your DVD from there.