3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2012 4:26 AM by Trevor.Dennis

help im new how do make this type of pic

WorldsBest6789

gio2santostianolarev_335114.jpgIbrahimovic_wallpaper_by_T_Sandgren.jpg

• 1. Re: help im new how do make this type of pic
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

This brings to mind the old joke about  "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?"

There are so many steps in those images!  You can reverse engineer the second one, but it is the sort of image that if you don't know where to start, you are probably not going to be up for it any time soon.  Lots of layers.  Offset layers with reduced opacity.  Explosion brushes.  Top few layers copied, blured, and repeated several times in the background.  And obviously a second image of the same player.

BTW,  In case you have just arrived from another planet, you get to Carnegie Hall with lots of practice.

• 2. Re: help im new how do make this type of pic
            Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The answer isn't an easy one, especially for beginners. At this point, we don't know if your new to the app or to designing. Its the latter thats the hard part. But getting there is much easier if you know the former. If you are a beginner, I highly recommend that you start with a much easier project and work your way towards this project. If you are a seasoned designer, then reading the manual, asking question on how a tool works, etc. would be the route to take to get your project done.

In the mean time, I recoomend that you watch a whole lot of videos. you will find free one on Itunes podcast or adobe tv. Also the websites of Scott Kelby and Terry White if you wish to go directly to the source.

• 3. Re: help im new how do make this type of pic
              Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

This took me about 30 minutes using players from one of the only two soccer matches I've ever photographed (I am not a sports photographer).

Lots of layers, layer masks, Free Transform and Smart Objects.

Players lifted from original images with Quick Select and Refine edge.

Brushes from 'Exploding II by Chrissy 79

Explosions done by laying down red, yellow, pale yellow with progressively smaller brushes.  Layers blured

[EDIT]  I forgot to mention Motion blur on the front player.  Copy the player layer, and motion blur the lower of the two layers in the stack. Add a layer mask to clean up where the blur has bled in front of the player.

Exploding Soccer Player.jpg