3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2012 9:09 AM by the_wine_snob

Elements 9 and 10

goldcanyonal

I have elements v 9 but want to start editing videos.  Can I just download premier elements 10 or do I also need to upgrade to elements 10?  Thanks

• 1. Re: Elements 9 and 10
          Kirsti-CA Adobe Employee

Hi, goldcanyonal,

If you'd like to use Premiere Elements 10 going forward you will have to upgrade to it.

If you'd like to try using it, you can download the 30-day trial version on the Adobe website at http://www.adobe.com/downloads/.  Just select Adobe Premiere Elements 10 from the drop-down menu near the bottom of the page.

Kirsti

Adobe Community Help & Learning team

• 2. Re: Elements 9 and 10
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Going from (example here, not real numbers) 9.0 to something like 9.1 is usually a free upDATE

An upGRADE to a new version means you have to pay

If you have PHOTOSHOP Elements that is a different program, and PREMIERE Elements is a separate purchase

• 3. Re: Elements 9 and 10
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

To add to what others have said, if you have Photoshop Elements 9, but wish to start editing Video, you will need Premiere Elements, which is up to version 10 now. One can work with mis-matched versions of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements, BUT if you have the same version, they interface perfectly together. Otherwise, one will need to manually go between the programs.

My recommendation would be to purchase the bundle of both Premiere Elements 10 and Photoshop Elements 10. Check with Adobe, to see if they offer an "upgrade price" break, if you already have Photoshop Elements 9. The "upgrade" is just a price-break, as one will get the full version of each program. The ability of the two programs to interface, plus any price-break for buying the bundle, plus maybe an "upgrade price" would be worth that functionality, at least to me.

As I have Photoshop (not the Elements version), I can work between PrE and PS, but I need to do things manually, between the two programs. The matching of the two Elements programs, makes life much more simple.

Good luck,

Hunt