3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2012 12:58 PM by tmtm10

Internal Software Error Premiere Elements 9

tmtm10 Level 1

I try to burn a video project to DVD on my new iMac  2.5 GHZ Intel Core i5 OSX 10.7.2 and just before Adobe Premiere 9 tries to burn the DVD the disc ejects and I get this error message.

Internal Software error:/Users/raroa/premiere/elements/main/External/Author Script/Source/DVD Creator/FormatLib/Make/Mac/.../.../Vobulator/TitlePlanner/CVOBUPlanne r.cpp,line331

I have burned other projects without a problem, could someone tell me what this error means and how to work around it.

Thanks Teddy

• 1. Re: Internal Software Error Premiere Elements 9
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's a non-specific error that means something is wrong somewhere.

You'll need to do some troubleshooting to figure out exactly what's up.

Can you burn to a folder on  your hard drive rather than directly to a DVD disc?

• 2. Re: Internal Software Error Premiere Elements 9
            tmtm10 Level 1

Hi Steve,

I tried to burn to a folder and the same thing happens. I read on some of the forums that Markers could cause the problem. I have 5 scene markers and I have 5 end markers. It could be that the end markers are too close to the scene markers (Less than 2 seconds). Any input on that?

Thanks

Teddy

• 3. Re: Internal Software Error Premiere Elements 9
              tmtm10 Level 1

I found a work around this problem after reading several other post with similar situations, My project had 5 scenes (and 5 Scene Markers) for the menu buttons and I had originally had 5 stop Markers in just about the same place in the project. It appears that if the both those markers are too close and an attempted burn comes up with the error. So I added  a 10 sec. Black still frame in between the scenes to separate the markers. After saving the project this way the burn worked. I'm sure Adobe has known this problem as well as other major issues with this program but hasn't fixed or communicated these problems to their customers,