4 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2012 3:58 AM by Nash_John

Problem uploading to the internet

Greg Dennie

I have been using Premiere Elements 9 on my Mac for a year, and it has always worked well.  A few days ago, I succesfully uploaded a video to youtube, but the past two nights, whenever I try, I click on the share online button nothing happens.  Additionally, I am not able to sign in to my Adobe account through premiere elements.  Whenever I try, nothing happens.  The welcome screen cannot gather my user information either.

I have clicked on the preferences tab and under web sharing, I have tried to refresh, but it responds, "failed to obtain (something or another)"

I see that the responses tend to suggest saving the video on my computer and uploading it directly to youtube, and of course that would work, but that's not the solution I'm looking for.  I'd really like to know why I can't access the internet through Premiere Elements 9. 

Thanks for reading.

• 1. Re: Problem uploading to the internet
          nealeh Level 5

It sounds as though your firewall has started to block access from PRE. Have the firewall settings changed recently? It may also have been a problem with the Adobe servers - have you tried again today?

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem uploading to the internet
            Greg Dennie Level 1

Neale, I really appreciate the reply.  My firewall is turned off, so that's not the issue, I don't think anyway.  I tried uploading again today and nothing was working.  Well, hopefully the problem works itself out soon. 

• 3. Re: Problem uploading to the internet
              nealeh Level 5

I don't know if Macs have a similar feature but on Windows there is a 'system restore' feature that allows you to roll back your system configuration to an earlier 'restore point'. If there is such a similar feature on Mac it might be worth trying it out, using a restore point from when it last worked .

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Problem uploading to the internet
                Nash_John Level 3

I think you should also try the following steps once :

1) Close PrE. Open Go To Folder(by clicking Go->GotoFolder...)

2) Type ~/Library/ in the Go to Folder window dialog box.

3) In the Finder window that opens, go to Library/Application Support/Adobe/Online Services/Premiere Elements 9.0/

4) Delete the folders cache and clients from this location.

5) Now go to the location Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0/SC/Presets/Web/

6) Delete all the folders inside it.

7) Make sure Internet is connected and now again relaunch PrE.

Online Services will now be working hopefully.

Good Luck