2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2012 1:14 AM by Willam van Weelden

Converting Doc-to-help for Word 2009 to RoboHelp HTML - best practices

Willam van Weelden Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi all,

I've unexpectedly come across some rogue colleagues who are using Doc-to-help for Word 2009 for their help. The company converted all Doc-to-help systems to RoboHelp in 2005 (converted everything by hand via notepad or started over in RH), but it seems some people got stuck with Doc-to-help and even got an upgrade to the 2009 version. I want to convert the Doc-to-help projects to RoboHelp HTML 9 so everyone in the company is using the same tools again. Since I've never used Doc-to-help myself, I'm looking for best practices, pitfalls, etc. I hope someone can share their experiences on Doc-to-help conversion with me. I'm most defenitely not going to repeat the workflow my colleagues used in 2005

A little overview: There are eight projects, consisting of a total of ~ 120 word documents. No fancy stuff is used, just loads of text with the occasional image. All using the same template. My plan is to create a conversion style sheet and importing all the documents into fresh RoboHelp projects. (Whether by script or by hand.) After that, I plan to run a small cleanup script to correct any problems, such as Word lists that won't come through nicely.

Any ideas, suggestions, warnings?

Greet,

Willam