1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 2, 2012 3:53 AM by Peter Spier

How do I produce 'handed' pages?

John Staveley Level 1

I am producing a book using CS3 which is a register and each page has two columns, one of text, the other pictures. I want the pages handed so that the pictures are nearest the gutter i.e. on the right of a LH page and the left of a RH page. I will need to add pages in the centre of the book as I go so I need the handing of the pages to be automatic and to change as I add a page and all subsequent pages move on one. Can this be done and, if so, how?

• 1. Re: How do I produce 'handed' pages?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

One way you could set this up is as facing pages with a master text frame and set the margin guides to fit the text area as a single column, not two. As long as you do not alter a text frame on your document page, this ought to work for the text frames , but I won't make any cast in stone guarantees, and it won't work for the images if you just place them on the pages. In order to get the images to also swap sides it is necessary to make them anchored objects in the text with custom positioning and set them "relative to spine."