8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2006 3:03 AM by Newt99

Chrome Lib 4.0 release

Newt99 Level 1

Hello,

Chrome Lib 4.0 has just been released, featuring 99 interdependent behaviors dedicated to 3D !

The new

- Collision Trigger Action
      - Walkthrough with Collision
      - Bones Transform Interpolation
      - Bones Motion Mapping
      - Diffuse Color Cycle
      - Timeout Trigger Action
      - Play Animation Trigger Action
      - Overlay Color Picker UI
      - Play Video for Shockwave

The 100th:
      - Text Area UI (not released yet)

Additionaly, free version 3.21 was released.

Best regards,
      Karl Sigiscar.

http://www.chromelib.com
        • 1. Re: Chrome Lib 4.0 release
          Level 7
          If only Macromedia had hired you. This should surely have been included from
          version 8.5!

Cheers

Richard

• 2. Re: Chrome Lib 4.0 release
            Level 7
            Yes, this would have been nice if I could have collaborated with Kraig
            Mentor to build the original one. We could have done a lot together.

Cheers,
            Karl.

• 3. Re: Chrome Lib 4.0 release
              ArielC
              This is excellent stuff. For those who stumble alot with scripting like me, this makes anyone focus more in the creative aspect of their projects. I have a question. I want to turn lights on/off using emiisive color tweening and behavior trigger ui. Pressing the 1st button turns the light on and 2nd off. BUT when I press the 1st button again nothing happens. What did I miss?

Thanks,
              Ariel
              • 4. Re: Chrome Lib 4.0 release
                Newt99 Level 1

Thanks Ariel,

Have you checked 'Use Start Color' in the parameters of the Emissive Color Tweening behavior ?

You can use the new setColor() handler in free version 3.21 instead of start() / stop(). This way, you can change the target color to e.g 255,255,255 or 0,0,0

Also, you could use the Overlay Push Button UI in order to create a ON/OFF button displayed over the 3D scene with two antagonist actions.

Best,
                Karl.
                • 5. Re: Chrome Lib 4.0 release
                  ArielC Level 1
                  Thanks Karl,

I tried the setColor() but it didn't work. For call handler start() it works but only for 1 time. Basically I just want to turn lights on/off repeatedly using buttons like in your opel tutorial.

Regards,
                  Ariel

• 6. Re: Chrome Lib 4.0 release
                    Newt99 Level 1

Hello Ariel,

For the Opel Signum sample, I asked the graphic artist, Stephen Magnardi, to create special objects to depict light spots. These objects are mapped with an alpha channel texture. At the beginning, their shader blend level is set to 0 using the Model Blend Tweening behavior. Then, when you click on the Headlights button, the blend tweens up to 100 and down to 0 alternatively.

You have to use the same trick if you want to achieve the same effect.

Cheers,
                    Karl.
                    • 7. Re: Chrome Lib 4.0 release
                      Level 7
                      Hi Karl,

I'm also a fan of your Chrome Lib even though haven't sent much time really
                      exploring them. it is on my to do list:) I do have a student that is is going to
                      to explore the potential of your behaviors. Could you email me offlist to talk?
                      (d.utian@unsw.edu.au)

Thanks.

regards
                      Dean

Director Lecturer / Consultant
                      http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director
                      http://www.multimediacreative.com.au

• 8. Re: Chrome Lib 4.0 release
                        Newt99 Level 1

Hello Dean,

Thanks. I will contact you.

You may have a look at this university project at the IOWA State University:
                        www.ctre.iastate.edu/reports/tr487oodas.pdf

Cheers,
                        Karl.