2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2012 6:37 AM by maxelcat RSS

pdf's wont download

maxelcat Community Member

I have a probem in that a pdf is cuaing IE/FF to freeze, and Chrome to say various things like [code]

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /images/stories/coinstreet/conferencebrochure.pdf could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.[/code]. Sometimes Chrome will just say "can't download pdf". I know for certain that the pdf is on the server.

Oddly Opera and Safari are fine. I have re-encoded and tried several computers.

I should also say that there are lots of other pdfs on the site and most of them are absolutely fine.

The link is http://www.coinstreet.org/images/stories/coinstreet/conferencebrochure.pdf

Please can someone suggest what the problem is and what I need to do to fix it

• 1. Re: pdf's wont download
          pwillener ACP/MVPs

The PDF from your link downloads fine on my system.

What is your operating system, version & edition?

What is your installed Adobe Reader version?

• 2. Re: pdf's wont download
            maxelcat Community Member

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't say that it looks like its downloaded - you see the first page of photos / text. However, if you try to go to page 2 - its black/blank

I am running win 7 ultimate. Reader is 9.5.0

I have tried this link on three different computers at different locations. All report that it wont download (alhtough its fine on Opera and Saf)

I also noticed taht sometimes I get "There was an error processing this page. A file I/O has occured"

Thanks again