0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2012 7:22 AM by VFinet

How to get the popularity of clicks (on advertisments) in CQ5.4?

VFinet

Hi all,

I need to know if CQ 5.4 is natively capable of doing the following thing.

Ok let's say I have a web site managed by CQ 5.4

In each page I have a place for one ad.

Those ads are designed by my marketing department.

An ad is a picture (of course) and it's also a link to another page of my website.

Problem is, the marketing guys would like to know if a specific version of the ad (in other words which version of the picture) is generating clicks or not.

So now I have to find how to do this technically BUT ALSO how to give them the statistics.

Ideally both are given in CQ Author of course !!!!

To be a little more explicit, let's imagine it's almost Xmas.

In my website i have a place for one ad in "/content/page1.html" and "/content/page2.html"

When you click on that ad (whatever picture is used for the ad), you go to "/content/ads/xmas2012.html" for example....

The marketing guys made two pictures for that ad:

• version 01: big xmas tree with gifts and socks
      • version 02: fat santa with a cookie and a glass of milk

I have two scenarios:

• Scenario #1:
        • From 1st to 5th of December, the market guys publish version 01 of the ad in page 1 and version 02 in page 2
        • From 6th to 10th of December, the market guys publish version 01 of the ad in page 2 and version 02 in page 1
      • Scenario #2:
        • From 1st to 5th of December, the market guys publish version 01 of the ad in page 1 and nothing in page 2
        • From 6th to 10th of December, the market guys publish version 02 of the ad in page 1 and nothing in page 2

So now how can I tell them which picture made the most clicks....

Any solution with (or without) CQ5.4 native code would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Vincent