3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2012 11:46 PM by Inixen

What is the difference between "Education Edition" and "Student + Teacher Edition"

smiley325squared

What is the difference between "Education Edition" and "Student + Teacher Edition"? I recently received Adobe CS5.5 Design Premium from my school and it is an "Education Edition" with P/N 65113004, while the same product in "Student and Teacher Edition" has P/N 65113065. Both are for Windows. Are there any differences between the two?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: What is the difference between "Education Edition" and "Student + Teacher Edition"
          Inixen Level 1

What region are you in? I heard that there are no separate student and education versions anymore.

If it actually says "Education edition" somewhere then I'm guessing 1 of 2 things:

1. "Education Edition" is just another name or title for "Student + Teacher Edition"

or

2. The "Education Edition" is the volume licence equivalent of the Student + Teacher Edition (which is a single licence for personal use on one computer only).

Don't take my word for it though. I'm new to all of this (looking to buy my first Adobe software products)

I'm in Australia and I can only buy Student + Teacher Edition (no Education Edition).

Did you receive a physical CD copy of the suite?

• 2. Re: What is the difference between "Education Edition" and "Student + Teacher Edition"
            smiley325squared Level 1

Yes I have a physical copy of the suite, and it does say "Education Edition". I am in the North america/USA region. From what I've gathered the Education EDition was actually discontinued some time ago, corresponding to the time when "Student and Teacher Edition" was released, so my hypothesis is that Adobe just rebranded it -- however, they may have changed the licensing agreement after rebranding as well...any thoughts?

Also, I go to university and that is where I got this from.

• 3. Re: What is the difference between "Education Edition" and "Student + Teacher Edition"
              Inixen Level 1

Dang, I wish I got free software from my uni...

If it is a rebranding I'm not sure if there would be any difference in the EULAs. Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure if you'd even be able to find the EULA for the old Education Edition (if that is the case) to compare.

Maybe try other forums (this one is pretty much dead), there's much more experienced community people around than me .

Sorry I can't help you further.