3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2012 9:38 PM by the_wine_snob

Help with SmartSound and removing sound

nealV Level 1

I have been messing around with PSE10 for a few hours now and no matter what I try I can not get audio to work right.

First

I have video with my gopro from the outside of my car.  I want to remove the sound track from the video because it is all wind noise.  It will not allow me to delete it with out also deleting the video. 

The other issue I am having is with Smart Sound.

I am trying to get it to load so I can add a sound track.  I can not find how to get it to load.

I did searching and found this:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS9488D20A-A1AC-42f b-B7E3-730C35D7EC96.html#WS8751AAF7-A228-4f11-99DA-CAF2E6A858C2

"From the Audio Tools menu in the Timeline, select SmartSound."

When I go into the timeline there is no audio tools to select. I know I have to download the tracks first.  I can not even find that.

Thank you for any help right now.  I just about want to take my computer and toss it out the window right now.  I am having such a hard time with this software to do such simple things. 

Thank you again. 

• 1. Re: Help with SmartSound and removing sound
          nealeh Level 5

To delete audio I usually just right-click the clip, unlink Audio and Video, select the audio track, hit delete:

1.png

For SmartSound click the speaker icon along the top of the My Project panel:

2.png

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Help with SmartSound and removing sound
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with Neale's method, you can Alt+click on the Audio portion of a Clip, to temporarily unlink the two streams. Then, you can Delete the one that you Alt+clicked on, without affecting the other stream.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Help with SmartSound and removing sound
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale has pointed to the SmartSound location on the New Icon. That will then open the Sonicfire Express Tracks option. This ARTICLE goes into more detail on SmartSound. Note: Once there was SmartSound QuickTracks plug-in, but that has been replaced with the free Sonicfire Pro Express Tracks. There is also a great program, Sonicfire Pro Scoring Edition, and I use it often. It has much more power, with the SmartSound Multi-Layer library offerings. Not all SmartSound libraries are Multi-Layer.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful