4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2012 6:06 PM by BenjaminMarkus
      • 1. Re: How can I do this credits effects?
        Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You need to provide screenshots or so. Due to copyright restrictions I cannot see the clip.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: How can I do this credits effects?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It looks like a slight bit of wiggle applied to position and opacity. Could easily be handled with a couple of simple expressions.

For position:

[value[0], value[1] + random(0,2)]

For opacity:

random(70, 100)

The first is a random aray that leaves the value of x to the current value and randomly adds up to 2 pixels of movement to y. The second varies the value of the opacity randomly between 70% and 100%.

Because of the value statements in the position expression you may adjust the position of the text layer to anything you like.

• 3. Re: How can I do this credits effects?
            bogiesan Level 4

All good advice. Assuming the text elements are hand-drawn, I'd suggest another step to help make the effect different and uniquely yours. Add a second and possibly third version of the text, drawn slightly differently. Using Rick's opacity wiggle expressions, you can dissolve or switch between the versions, creating a liquid or stuttering vibration between them.

• 4. Re: How can I do this credits effects?
              BenjaminMarkus Level 4

As Bogiesan said it might be interesting to do the text as image sequences or tracebacks with several versions of them so they have their own unique vibrating quality.  In this tutorial I made on Working With Image Sequences in Photoshop & After Effects CS6 I suggest a frame randomizing expression for the time remapping function that makes it so image sequences in AE play back in a random order.  This could also be combined with Rick's wiggles expressions and possibly even CC Wide Time to give that liquid look to the titles.