7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2012 8:42 AM by AniaQu RSS

Problem with fonts using in PE 10 in Mac

AniaQu

Hello,

I bought APE 10 (eng) for multiple platforms and instaled it on my MacBook Pro wih MacOS 10.7 (PL).

When I try to write the text in the "Title" different set of fonts than Western Europe, do not get any valid results.
      1. If I try to enter from the keyboard (eg Polish) using Alt (Option) + <letter> not displayed any sign.
      2. Also, try to call the character by pressing Alt (Option) + <number of Unicode> does not give effect.
      3.When writing the desired character in another editor (eg TextEdit) and copy to the "Title" appears in a set (two or three pieces) of random characters.

This applies to attempts to use any characters outside the basic set of WesternEurope and any standard fonts and uploaded on the occasion of 10th APE installation

Please help.

AniaQu

• 1. Re: Problem with fonts using in PE 10 in Mac
          Steve Grisetti MVP

You may need to contact Adobe Tech Support about this one, Ania.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414984

Premiere Elements should support the font if you've got it installed on your computer. However, on a Mac I've found that Alt key combinations won't work, unfortunately.

• 2. Re: Problem with fonts using in PE 10 in Mac
            the_wine_snob Community Member

If you have to use Multi-National fonts, I would recommend using a program, that fully supports them, and then doing a Copy/Paste into Titler.

On a PC, I use Character Map, as it always works, where the Alt+ key combos, are not 100%. I can only guess that the Mac has similar, but just do not know.

For heavy text, with Glyphs, I use Adobe Illustrator, and then Open those AI files into Photoshop, for Rasterization, and Save_As PSD (Photoshop's native format, and one that Imports into PrE, or PrPro).

My word processor, WordPerfect, handles Multi-National (plus all sorts of fonts) perfectly, and then I just Copy/Paste from it, to Titler.

Good luck, and wish that I had more Mac-specific ideas.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Problem with fonts using in PE 10 in Mac
              AniaQu Community Member

Thank You very much.

Unfortunately, there is not a problem of the application from then I copy the needed characters. The day before yesterday konsutant of "Adobe support" also tried to enter special characters. And on the Mac is not working. I am waiting for a reply from Support.

AniaQu

• 4. Re: Problem with fonts using in PE 10 in Mac

When you get the response, please update the post with the "fix," as it will likely be useful to other Mac-users.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Problem with fonts using in PE 10 in Mac
                  AniaQu Community Member

At this moment Adobe Support can't help me with my problem. They say, that this is problem with local (polish) MAC OS system and that I would phone to polish support. But in Photoshop Elements 10.0 that works correctly. And I can't use not only polish diacritical characters but any special charaters like arrows or emoticon or diacritical characters from another national alphabet.

I try phone to polish Adobe support, but I don't know that they help me

Ania

• 6. Re: Problem with fonts using in PE 10 in Mac

If you have Photoshop Elements, you already have a much more powerful Title-maker. I do most of my Titles (except for very simple ones) in Photoshop, creating a New Image (matching the Project's Frame Size - do not know about PSE, but PS has Custom Presets for New Image, that match nearly all common Video sizes.) w/ a Transparent Background. Just Save_As PSD, or PNG, and Import that Title, just as one would a Still Image.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Problem with fonts using in PE 10 in Mac
                      AniaQu Community Member

Thank You for hint. Your proposal would be helpful, but still very labor intensive at the making of the film with hundreds of photos.

I finally uninstalled all the Adobe programs (PSE and PPE) and removed all Adobe folder. I installed once more at the beginnig and using the special characters I can finally get the effect.

Polish support don't help me.

I closed this thread, Thank You for all answers and hints.

Ania