• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe RoboHelp 8.0.0 update issue

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to update Adobe RoboHelp from version 8.0.0 to version 8.0.2. The update package seems to download, but nothing is installed (InstallShield only shows the "Remove components" option).

Can somebody provide me with a solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

You have local admin rights to your machine? You may have to peel off each patch, uninstall RH and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First install the 8.0.1 update and try the 8.0.2 update after that.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, William.
Thanks for answer.
I've tried it already. With the 8.0.1 update situation is the same - only "Remove components" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dmitry,

Try downloading the update file manually using following links and then run the Update installer and see if that works.

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/robohelp/win/8.x/adobe_roboHelp_patch_8_0_2.exe

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/robohelp/win/8.x/adobe_roboHelp_patch_8_0_1.exe

Hope that works, if there is any error message please let me know.

Thanks!

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly I've tried it from menu Help -> Updates. Than tried downloaded files you mentioned.
No error messages. But nothing changes. The situation is the same - only "Remove components" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have local admin rights to your machine? You may have to peel off each patch, uninstall RH and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After download, what are you doing with the download?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm runing it like any executable file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so to answer outstanding questions, do you already have 801 installed and do you have local admin rights on your PC?

Also are you running the download from a local drive rather than a network location?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 8.0.0 installed. I have local admin rights. I'm running downloaded patches from a local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Help > About in RoboHelp. What version does that say you have installed? If have seen differences between that and Programs.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just resolve it.
I did unistall RH with cleaning registry and reinstall it.
After that both patches was applied successfuly.

Thank you all for your attention and your time.

To Peter Grainge: yes, there was difference - version in About - 8.0.0.4... , in Programs - 8.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstalling and reinstalling is the answer I would have given if you had reported that difference. That is the only way to fix the discrepancy.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp