1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 4, 2012 1:42 PM by Frustrated in AZ

Adobe Activation Error: 256

safaricat2

What can I do to resolve this error message? I'm trying to activate, so I can read library books on my iPad through Overdrive.  I did the Overdrive update and since then it has issues with my Adobe digital. I originally was getting the "ASC4 License Initialization Error:-1001" message every time i tried to download a book so I Deauthorized Adobe on my iPad then tried to Reauthorize and now I'm getting the error 256 message.

Any help would be great.u appreciated!

Cheryl

• 1. Re: Adobe Activation Error: 256
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Libraries have what I'll call a direct download approach via Overdrive.

That is to say the destination device is hooked up to the network, and the

ebooks are downloaded to that device.

You can consult with your library's technical support function to determine

how to hook up your iPad to their system directly.  If they say they can't

do that because of technical reasons - or because of software reasons -,

then we'll have to use an intermediate computer (a Windows PC or a MAC),

download the ebook to that device, and then use other software to transfer

it to your iPad.  In the Windows world, the best way to do that is to use

iTunes to do the transfer.  I am not a MAC guru, but I think that it's

pretty easy to hook the iPad to the MAC.

Hope this helps!

=================