3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2012 9:38 PM by Silkrooster

Issues with transparency files.

HillaryIsAmazing

I'm trying to import a photo created in photoshop with a transparent background to Adobe Flash and I'm getting a noticeable halo around the photo.  This is exported as a PNG-24.  I've tried going in to the photoshop file and taking off a little bit, but it still gives me the same outcome.  I've also tried exporting as a GIF, and a PNG-8 with a matte.  No matter what I do, it leaves the halo.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.Screen shot 2012-04-03 at 9.52.09 PM.png

• 1. Re: Issues with transparency files.
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

It looks like you didn't quite remove all the background before saving to a png-24 or any format that supports transparency.

How does it look in photoshop if you put a background behind the building?

• 2. Re: Issues with transparency files.
            HillaryIsAmazing Level 1

I tried putting a black background behind it and it looks fine...

• 3. Re: Issues with transparency files.
              Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Take a look in the layers menu way down at the bottom. You should find Matting>Defringe or Remove Black Matte or remove white matte. One of these should get rid of that halo.

Also save for web can introduce a halo, the color would be the background color. But its mainly noticable when save as a gif.

I am not positive, but I think the intoduction of the halo, is dependant on how the transparency is used. There are two types, straight and multiplied. I think the multiplied is the cuprit because the transparency is part of the RGB data, where the straight keeps the transparency seperate.

I am probably over simplifing the differences, but hopefully it will point you in the right direction.

In the save for web dialog change the matte from a color (white is default I believe) to none. Hopefully that will fix it.