6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2012 2:38 PM by Peter Spier

Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop Freezing. Arrgggggghhhh!

PPPerfect Level 1

Hi All,

I've recently installed Fusion 3 and now I'm having a diabolical problem with my Creative Suite. Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (though less often the latter) freeze - not just after a sleep etc, but up to every 5 or 10 minutes. I am going absolutely CRAZY and am becoming extremely frustrated. I googled the issue and have read in many forums that Extensis and the latest Fusion 3 update is the source of the problem. At this stage I am forcing quit and reopening documents consistently. The interruption to my work, schedule and deadlines is creating intense stress. I installed Fusion 3 last week but it's only since yesterday that the freezing has become apparent and immediately unbearable.

Does anyone have any advice? I can't go on like this. If I dump Fusion 3 and unistall it, will my problems go away? Sure, I won't be able to manage my fonts very well, but considering the alternative I couldn't care less. Can anyone recommend an alternative font management program that doesn't send Adobe programs into a full meltdown?

Here are my stats;

iMac running Version 10.6.8

Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Adobe Creative Suite 5

Please please - any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PPP