2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2012 3:53 AM by Ann Bens

Problem to create a time-lapse video

Ouroboros13 Level 1

Hello all,

I'm encountering a problem with my CS5.1 , let me explain . I want to create a time-lapse video from many pictures i've taken,  But when i go to File------Automate------Batch , then I'm supposed to find in Actions something called "Time-Lapse processing " or something like this, but it's not there !!

Can you help me in how i can get this work,please ? much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Problem to create a time-lapse video
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

It appears that you are looking to process your Still Images in Photoshop, with an Action, and then via Automate to Batch. Is that correct?

Premiere Pro does not use Actions, and has no Automate>Batch.

However, if one is doing Time-Lapse Video, PrPro can do that nicely.

First, will you have any Video, or only Still Images?

If ONLY Still Images, then you must address your intended delivery, say DVD-Video, or BD, or streaming media. That will determine your Project/Sequence Preset.

Let's say that you intend to create a BD (Blu-ray Disc), in full-HD, then you can choose a 1920 x 1080 Project, at a FPS for where you are, such as NTSC = 29.97 FPS.

After you have perhaps Scaled your Still Images in Photoshop, and named them in sequence, such as ____00001 through ____0000x, all in one folder, you can then Import that Numbered Still Sequence into PrPro, and even add a Transition, if needed.

For most true Time-Lapse, one would choose a Duration of 1 Frame, but for a bit of a Stop-Motion "look," then 3 - 5 Frame Duration might be better. You can always experiment with a few of your Images, to see what suits your tastes and desires. For most of what I do, the Stop-Motion look is my choice, and I will usually choose a Duration of 3 Frames, with a tiny Cross-Dissolve between those Frames. This is your artistic choice. There is no right, or wrong choice.

Hope that helps, and for the Photoshop aspect, you might want to post the question here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/general

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Problem to create a time-lapse video
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Its very easy to do TIMELAPS in Premiere.

Go to File / import

Navigate to the folder that holds your stills, click on the first one and check the box Numbered Stills

Hit OK.

All stills are now 1 frame and become a movie.

I do not resize due to being able to pan and zoom over the movie.

Lightroom is a very good tool for color correcting the stills before importing them into Premiere.

numbered stills 1.png

numbered stills.png