2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2012 11:40 AM by psurazz

Export to Web viewing issues

psurazz Level 1

I produce a simple piece of HTML mailing for my clients to send as an e-mail blast. I typically create these, and they contain graphics and some direct hyperlinks with URL information embedded within a slice. I Export to Web and place the produced files on my FTP, get the link and I send out a blast e-mail. When I test this on my Mac (Mail) the piece looks perfect.

I know that some folks block HTML, so I also include the URL.

Some of my clients have replied that the output is desheveled. Indeed it does look that way. It looks as there are shifted or missing slices. I started to send out a blast test to all of my personal e-mai accounts, and I did get questionable results through G-mail and my web hosts own client. But the art looks great following the link to the FTP. All of th eembeded links work. I'm sure most of my clients are on Outlook and WIndows, so I don't know how to correct this.

• 1. Re: Export to Web viewing issues
          Rik Ramsay Level 4

You would get a better response by posting this in the Dreamweaver Forum as the issues you describe are nothing to do with Photoshop but have everything to do with how your HTML email is coded. When you post there, be prepared to attach a link to the live page or post the code you have used.

Getting an HTML email to look the same across all email clients is tricky and involves a lot of consideration. Unfortunately you have been using Apple Mail which renders HTML through Safari so it almost always looks better than every other email client out there.

To get you started, the following link should help you out: http://24ways.org/2009/rock-solid-html-emails

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Export to Web viewing issues
            psurazz Level 1

Thanks for the advice and the link. The article was terrific. I was hoping not to have to do that much coding, but it helps to isolate the known problem regions.