Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Project

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I wonder if you can help me.  I am creating a help project from scratch and have put some content into the database but when I go to the output view, none of the content I have put in appears.  Can you assist me as to what I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tracy and welcome to the RoboHelp forums.

Unfortunatly there are a number of things that could cause this but stick with it and we'll get to the bottom for you. To start, can you tell us what type of output you are creating as this will help us tell you where to go. Can I also check what you mean when you say you've added content to the "database"?

Colum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum

Thank you for your response

I have created a knowledge base in RoboHelp HTML (xpj), I have added several Topics to it and then when I was done with adding Topics I generate it (Primary Layout) and then hit save and generate, then when that was completed I selected view result and none of the topics are showing.

Hope this makes sense.

Tracy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, can I ask wehether you've created a Table of Contents? Your Webhelp output (I assume it is WebHelp?) by default displays this but if you haven;t defined where the topics go inside it, it appears blank. Chances are though that your content is there. If you perform a search, you should be able to see your topics.

Start by opening your project's Table of Contents in the Project Manager pod. From there you have the option of either manually clicking and dragging topics into the TOC or automatically creating the TOC. I prefer some control so use the Topics List pod (available from the View > Pods > Topic List menu item) to build my TOC. This also allows you to select multiple files at a time.

Hope this helps. If not, come back. Perhaps a screenshot of your project and output might help us further. You can use the camera toolbar ison shown below:

adobe_forum_camera_icon.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Colum

I have worked it out.

Tracy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp