2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2012 7:56 AM by Peter Grainge

Search not working in RoboHelp 9.0

subarna_dev

I have been stuck with a very difficult problem. I had X5 in my local machine which was uninstalled to make way for RoboHelp 8.0. Later since my machine crashed, both RoboHelp 8 and 9 were installed. As a result of this there was a lot of conflict. So almost hurriedly, RoboHelp 8.0 was removed and RoboHelp 9 was retained back.

Now the problem is the WebHelps that are being generated has a problem with the Search functionality.On clicking the Search tab, the message that is being displayed is Error: Failed to initialise database. Please refer to the screen shot below for the incident.

screen shot.jpg

I have lready tried deleting the .cpd file, then deleting the WebHelp and recompiling once again. But even that has failed to solve the problem. Moreover I have created a demo project from the scratch. Even that is throwing similar problems.

Now my question is is there any means to tackle this? If not can I get RevoUninstaller in my local machine and then get RoboHelp 9 unistalled. Thereafter if I install RoboHelp 8.0, will that pose any anomalies?