Quattrostelle Level 1

Hey guys! Im having serious render issues with Premiere CS5. I always

use to render the work area before the export of a session. But this

time there is a serious glitch during the rendering: The progression

bar takes an insane amount of time. Even though the Sequence is just 2

minutes long. For example: It takes 30-40 minutes to get from 90% to

95%!! The percentage number just goes back and forth. I shot a 20

second clip where you can see this weird glitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR_TGW6hLhA&context=C4ed381fADvjVQa1PpcFP9KzFRiX7LQnV7VMzVl f1eSBV1JS7qhgg=

does anyone have an idea where this glitch could come from ?

btw: when I go directly on "export" instead of rendering the sequence,

everything works fine!

cheers

• 1. Re: Premiere CS 5 render glitch
          davidbeisner2010 Level 3

Not familiar with an issue where the render doesn't work and export does (I've always had export fail, too), but when I've had those issues with rendering/exporting, it's always been one of two problems: a) I've got a "black hole" in my video where there's a couple frames without any video in one of the tracks, or b) I've got a still image that's too big for Premiere to process.

Honestly, though, unless you've checked the box for the export to "Use Render Files" in it's encoding, there's no need for you to render before you encode. I never do, and I have beautiful results. The only time I ever render is if I need to have a smooth playback of a complex timeline involving several layers of RED material and I need to have smooth playback at 100% for client approval before the encode. But even then, I never let the encoder use those render preivew files...

My understanding is that it's easy for those files to get corrupted, so you can end up with unsatisfactory results in your export by using them.

• 2. Re: Premiere CS 5 render glitch
            Harm Millaard Level 7

My understanding is that it's easy for those files to get corrupted, so you can end up with unsatisfactory results in your export by using them

Not only that, but preview renders are not always the best format for your export, since they are based on your sequence settings. Your export settings may differ. For instance when using MRQ or using a combination of different framerates in your source material, say 25 and 29.97 FPS. Generally it is ill-advised to use preview renders on the final export unless the source material, sequence settings and export settings are identical.