0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2012 7:45 AM by davidbeisner2010

Audio problem in CS5.5

davidbeisner2010 Level 3

I'm back... been a crazy last year or so...

Anyway, I've got a strange audio problem in CS5.5 that I've not seen before. One of my associates edited a video that had been shot on a Canon D7, and needless to say the sound sucked... had the awful hiss in it that comes when you're not careful about your audio levels over unbalanced cables. Anyway, after he edited the video, the project file and assets were passed off to me for export and upload to our website (he had tried to export it, but kept having non-descript audio problems... I'm guessing the problem was what i'm about to describe). I'm not sure what he did to remove the hiss (no filters applied within PrPro, and no signs of having sent the audio to Audition), but upon playback in the project the sound is clean. However, upon export every single clip in the edit begins with the hiss and then the hiss falls away after about one second, as if the noise removal filter in Audition had been applied without allowing it a couple seconds of noise only to build its profile. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and is noticeable on export only? I've never seen this in any of my own projects before, and unfortunately I've not been able to get hold of this guy to find out what he did to process the audio in post...