2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2012 9:01 AM by the_wine_snob

Upload an .eps image?

mwuk

I want to upload an .eps image to Premiere Elements. Is there any way to do this? It's an image of my company logo and you can see through the text, meaning it doesn't show up in a block like a jpg image. Is there another format to put this in to upload it into the program so I can put the logo in my videos? Right now I'm having to use it as a jpg and it doesn't look as good.

• 1. Re: Upload an .eps image?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Premiere Elements used to support vector art -- but there have been reports that it no longer does.

You can try importing it as is and see if it still works.

If not, export from your program as a 1000x750 pixels transparent PNG file.

• 2. Re: Upload an .eps image?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

This Adobe KB Article lists the supported file formats. I thought that EPS was still listed (remember, there are several "flavors" of EPS), but I did not see it.

EPS is fading away, and being replaced mostly by high-rez PDF for printing. Still, there are lot of them around.

As all Vector Art must be Rasterized for use in Video, and Premiere is not the best at that, I always recommend that one Open the file (AI, EPS, etc.) in Photoshop (or Illustrator), and do the Rasterization there. Then, just Save_As a PSD (Photoshop's native format), which will Import just fine, into Premiere. PNG is another useful format, and like PSD, it support Transparency, and is high-quality, unlike JPEG, which does not support Transparency and is compressed.

Good luck,

Hunt