9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2012 10:02 AM by virgonightingale

Multi-line Dropdown...

virgonightingale

I'm designing a customizable award certificate for a client. They want the name of the actual award itself to be chosen from a list. Most easily done with a drop-down. Problem is, some of the award names are long and would need to be set on two lines. PLUS, I would like for it to be centered. Neither of these are options for a dropdown.

I found a bit of javascript that takes the chosen dropdown item and exports it to another box that I can allow centering and multi-lines. I adapted it to the text I would need, but I can't get it to work. My brain does NOT do code (I'm pretty much just a print designer), so I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

This is the code that I have in the 'styled' text box named awardName (under Format > Custom > Custom keystroke script):

// Custom Keystroke script for combo box

(function () {

if (!event.willCommit) {

// Set up an array of addresses. \r = carriage return

var aAward = [];

aAward[0] = "Top Sales Professional\rfor Listing Units";

aAward[1] = "Top Sales Professinoal\rfor Listing Volume";

aAward[2] = "Top Team\rfor Listing Units";

aAward[3] = "Top Team\rfor Listing Volume";

// Get the export value of the selected item

var ex_val = event.changeEx;

// Get the corresponding address

var award = aAward[ex_val];

// Populate the text field with the address

getField("nameAward").value = award;

}

})();

In the dropdown itself (named nameAward), I gave each of the award names a respective export value of 0, 1, 2, and 3.

When I test, I choose a dropdown option, but nothing shows up in the text box. What gives? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I just don't know what.