4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2012 10:17 PM by Eman Fu

Half of form missing

Caller9

When I copy the code for embedding form into my web page, only half of the form is visible. It shows in the preview but not in the finished form. A little confused about that. I can't seem to find what is causing it.

• 1. Re: Half of form missing
          Eman Fu Adobe Employee

Hi,

Could you give me the URL of the form? You can get it by going to the Distribute tab and click on "Copy Link". I'll try to investigate the problem.

Thanks!

Eman

• 2. Re: Half of form missing
            Eman Fu Adobe Employee

One thing to check is that you'll need to make sure you copy the embed code into the <body> section of your HTML. Do not put the embed code in the <head> section. We have seen the similar problem when a customer pasted the embed code into the <head> section. In that case, he could see the whole form in the preview, but only partial form in the live page. It's very similar to your symptom.

• 3. Re: Half of form missing
              Caller9 Level 1

The problem was found to be the preview feature in Dreamweaver. If the page was uploaded to the web site and then viewed via the web, it appeared correctly. Unfortunately trying to preview the page in Dreamweaver does not work. It seems fixed at 400 pixel length no matter what size you try to set it. Not sure why that should be but at least the form is working correctly on the web.

Thanks for your help.

• 4. Re: Half of form missing
                Eman Fu Adobe Employee

I am glad that the form works fine on your web site. Our embedded form will adjust its own height according to the form content. That is achieved by javascript codes. I believe the Dreamweaver preview probably doesn't execute javascripts like web browsers' do. That's why you see the fixed form height of 400px, which is the form's default height.

Again, it's great to know things are working fine on your web site. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.