4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2012 1:20 PM by KSTdesign RSS

eps to pdf

KSTdesign

I am trying to export an eps to pdf so that my web person can code.  When I export, Illustrator CS5 says not enough memory.

When I do just a slice of the page, the rectangle lines come into photoshop blurry.  Any help?

• 1. Re: eps to pdf
          rcraighead CommunityMVP

You say "export to PDF". Are you using the "Save As PDF" option in the save dialog? This should work.

• 2. Re: eps to pdf
            KSTdesign Community Member

I am trying to go to a PSD, photoshop file. When I try to export the entire page, Illustrator CS5 says not enough memory.

When I create a small portion of the page, ie the header of the webpage and manage to export to a PSD, the rectangle borders

come in aliased/blurry. 

• 3. Re: eps to pdf
              rcraighead CommunityMVP

Did you mean to say you were exporting to PSD or PDF?

Do you need a layered PDF? If not, just open the EPS is Photoshop.

What resolution are you choosing in the export dialog. I'd choose 72ppi.

• 4. Re: eps to pdf
                KSTdesign Community Member

PSD.  I do need the layers for the web coder to export into Dreamweaver i am told.  When I choose 72ppi the rectangle borders are "aliased" - blurry/jaggy looking.

There has got to be an easy way for a graphic designer to design a web page for someone who understands coding to then use that page as the

basis to create a web page. Any ideas?  I have tried designing the page in Quark and Illustrator and exporting as eps, then into PSD and am having the

problems I am describing.  Thanks for any insights....