Have you checked in the control panel , does it show up in the list of "add and remove program"?
Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.
Yes, it does show up in the Control panel under Programs "add or remove."
Actually, it shows up twice.
any difference in the name of both like veriosn or added word like plugin...
If no difference then uninstall one, may they are conflicting and check
Two entries in Add Remove programs is normal if you have both the Plugin and Active X controls installed. Please see the FAQ I referenced earlier for help with IE specific issues.
I checked in the Control panel, add/remove program list.
It is listed twice-
once as ActiveX 64-bit
secondly as ActiveX
- Download the current 64 bit uninstaller
- Close all browser windows and run the uninstaller
- Restart Windows
- Delete all remaining files and folders located in the following directories. (tip: copy and paste these paths into the path bar in a Windows Explorer window)
- %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
- %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
- Verify that the file “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl” in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ has been deleted
- Download the 32-bit Flash Player installer
Physically disconnect from the Internet and run the installer.
Success, Flash Player is NOW functioning! Thanks for all the help and advice.