4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2012 10:34 PM by longzhilin

How to set default size for published SWF in Catalyst CS5.5

longzhilin Level 1

I create a 800*600 pixel project in Catalyst CS5.5 and published it as .swf.

But when I opened the published .swf, the default size is smaller than 800*600. I have to resize it by myself.

So is there any method that I can set the default size for published .swf?

Thank you guys! Best regards.

Nick

• 1. Re: How to set default size for published SWF in Catalyst CS5.5
          Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

If you configured your Flash Catalyst app to be resizable, it will 'adapt' to the size of the browser window or the html container it might be in. To have a fixed width and height, simply turn off that option in your Flash Catalyst file and republish your application. Or you can edit the HTML file directly, replacing the 100% references in the width and height wth your fixed values.

Chris

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to set default size for published SWF in Catalyst CS5.5
            longzhilin Level 1

Hi Chris,

Thank for your reply. But I am not very clear about those settings. I am a fresher Catalyst user, so could you please give me more explanation about it? Thank you.

If you configured your Flash Catalyst app to be resizable, it will 'adapt' to the size of the browser window or the html container it might be in.

//Should I set it in Catalyst? I didn't find this option.

To have a fixed width and height, simply turn off that option in your Flash Catalyst file and republish your application.

//Yes. For this work, I just need a fixed width and height, 800*600. But I am not will clear this setting.

Or you can edit the HTML file directly, replacing the 100% references in the width and height wth your fixed values.

//Yes, I know the HTML file. I found many 100% in the HTML, which one is correct for this issue? If I want to set as 800*600, I need to replace the 100% to be 800,600?

Thank you,

Nick

• 3. Re: How to set default size for published SWF in Catalyst CS5.5
              Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

When you start new Flash Catalyst project, you have the option to enable resizing

Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 7.47.07 AM.png

This setting is enabled by default.

If you need to change this later, you can go into Modify > Artboard settings.

Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 7.47.22 AM.png

Now when you publish your project, the width and height will be used instead.

As to manually editting the HTML file, there are 3 tag sets that define the width and height of the project (to handle various browsers). You will need to adjust the values in each of those tag sets. You should only need to do this if you can't republish the file.

Chris

• 4. Re: How to set default size for published SWF in Catalyst CS5.5
                longzhilin Level 1

Oh, thank you Chris. It is worked.

Best wishes.

Nick