5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2012 4:17 PM by the_wine_snob

Exporting custom 'Share' presets from Premiere Elements 9

babylontales Level 1

I know I can create custom presets under the 'Share' tab using the 'Advanced' option, but I would like to export these presets and copy them over to a server so anyone in my department can access the presets and copy them to their computers.  I'm having a riduclous time trying to find a way to do this, and I'm wondering if it is possible at all.  I have found the .erp systempresets folder, but have had no luck locating custom-made ones.

Does anybody know if this is possible and how to export/locate these .erp custom presets?

Danke.

• 1. Re: Exporting custom 'Share' presets from Premiere Elements 9
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I do not know the answer, but Premiere often Saves various items to one's Documents & Settings folder, or to the All Users sub-folder.

I would do a Search of your system drive C:\, and look for .erp files. Does that find your Custom Presets? Note: you might have to have Show Hidden Files, and Show File Extensions on. Do not think that they would be typified as "System Files," but keep that thought in the back of your mind.

Good luck, and maybe someone knows EXACTLY where the Custom Presets are Saved.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Exporting custom 'Share' presets from Premiere Elements 9
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In my experience, this is not possible to do, since these custom presets are not saved as separate files.

• 3. Re: Exporting custom 'Share' presets from Premiere Elements 9
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

Thank you for that. I was just guessing about the files and their location. I know that Photoshop will Save various Custom items, such as Actions, Scripts, Brushes, etc., and their exact location can differ slightly. Just did not know about the Custom Share Presets.

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Exporting custom 'Share' presets from Premiere Elements 9
                babylontales Level 1

I figured out how to do it... and I'll share.

When you create a custom preset in Premiere Elements it lands in a directory on your user profile.

• Where they land:  C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\9.0\SC\Presets\PC\MPEG\HD
                • Within the Presets folder, it will create an appropriate path based on your preset settings.  My preset was for the Computer (PC), in mpeg format (MPEG) and in high definition (HD)--thus the final folder destinations. 

I also found that when you create a custom preset in Premiere Pro, you can import it into Premiere Elements.

• Custom presets created in Premiere Pro can be located here:  C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\AME\5.5\Presets

You can also import custom presets from both Elements and Pro into the systems presets foder for Elements.

• This should make the custom presets visable for all users on that machine.
                • System Presets Directory:  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 9\sharingcenter\Presets

Thanks for trying to help me out, and I'll say Hunt your suggestion gave me some ideas that helped me find them--so thanks for that!

• 5. Re: Exporting custom 'Share' presets from Premiere Elements 9
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Great!!!

Glad that I was able to get you thinking along the correct line, and thank you so much for taking the time to add the locations. That work will likely help others in the future.

Greatly appreciated, and good luck,

Hunt