1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2012 10:15 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements will not open

daltont1997

On my computer, I have the full version of premiere elements 10 and the trial version of after effects. I was using the programs, and my computer seemed to be running a bit slow. I remembered that one of my friends told me that if I wanted to speed up my computer, I should go to task manager and end any unnecessary processes. so i opened up task manager and closed a process(the name of which I can't remember, but the name did not say anything relating to Adobe), and then I tried to open up After Effects, and it did open. I would get the opening graphic and then it would just sit there, and after about 5 minutes I clicked on the graphic and it told me that the program was not responding. I also tried opening Premiere Elements, but when I got to the welcome screen and I chose to open a project I was working on, the welcome screen closed down and the project did not open. I use an Acer Aspire with an Intel Pentium processor, and my version of windows 7 is 64-bit, if that helps. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements will not open
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Have you rebooted, since you killed that unknown Process?

If that Process is in your Startup, or Services list in MSCONFIG, it should reload.

For a general checklist on running PrE most effectively, this ARTICLE might prove useful. There are also several links to troubleshooting. After you have looked over the checklist part, do see the "Finding Clues" link, and follow the instructions in it.

It might also be worthwhile to create a System Restore Point for today, then boot to Safe Mode and choose an earlier System Restore Point, from before you shut that Process down.

Good luck,

Hunt