• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a new RoboHelp AIR template?

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using the Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5 and am publishing from FrameMaker 10 out to AIR Help via RoboHelp 9.

I would like to use a template of my own creation, versus one of the stock templates provided (e.g. Multipane Accordion).

Can someone direct me on where one would go to make this happen?  I apologize if this is not a RoboHelp 9 specific question, but in a way it is,

since the AIR template gets invoked from within RoboHelp 9.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it you are the same James who email me direct and who I have replied to direct. Now let me repeat the answer here.

No you cannot create a template for AIR Help from scratch. You are limited to editing the supplied templates but the editor does allow you to change a lot of the appearance. To start from scratch you would need some code that Adobe do not release.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes, it is the same James who sent you a direct reply.  Well, that is certainly not very helpful to me when creating AIR Help in RH9.

I think I will make a feature request that Adobe allow users to create templates, or at least have MORE control over what goes into the templates, especially around the borders, number of panes and much more.

What I am getting at, is that the Adobe AIR Help could serve as a sort of Interactive Electronic Technical Manual or IETM, which would probably be

a great way to further market the Tech Comm Suite or RoboHelp by itself.

I would have throught that Adobe Flex / Adobe Flash Builder would have allowed you to create a new template.  How was the original sample AIR templates created anyway?  With Flex/Adobe Flash Builder, or by some other product or plain coding?

What a pity.

Thanks,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe it is with Flex but whatever, it is as I said some code that Adobe will do not release for some reason.

Feature request is the way to go. Sorry.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp