1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 8, 2012 4:48 AM by nnmk

protecting RTMP and HLS streams

Vilius Šumskas Level 1

We have RTMP and HLS live and vod streams running on FMS interactive 4.5. Given that FMS documentation on security and content protection is very scarce I have the following questions:

1. How do I protect my live and vod RTMP streams from embedding in other webpages?

2. How do I protect my live and vod RTMP streams from capturing with special tools like rtmpdump?

3. How do I protect my live and vod HLS streams from embedding in other webpages?

4. How do I protect my live and vod HLS streams from capturing with special tools?

As far as I understood RTMPE is flawed by design because it can be captured with rtmpdump. SWFVerification also fails, because one can use exactly the same SWF player on their site. Can I somehow tell to my FMS server that it would allow only SWF player from my domain?

• 1. Re: protecting RTMP and HLS streams
          nnmk

Hi,

outside these:

- swf verfication

- encryption (for rtmp and hls...)

- allowed swf (which can help you for your last question i think) and html domains set inside app

- apache authentication settings

- apache allow deny settings

imho and inside my experience with FMS, i am not aware of other tools for protection (on the other hand, i do think that it is enough for the rtmp but not for the HLS).

I know this does not help your case much (mine too) but view my post as my way of agreeing with you and as a support for getting better protection in future versions, especially for HLS.