1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2012 8:37 PM by Noel Carboni

How do I uninstall PS 7 without a functional installer?

flynpeach

Since I installed Mac 10.5.8 my PS 7 will not funtion, and an error message pops up that says it cannot be used. I purchased PSE 10 to update photoshop and it says there is not enough memory to install it.  I figured if I ununstalled PS 7 that should free up enough memory, but don't know the correct way to do it. Thanks!

• 1. Re: How do I uninstall PS 7 without a functional installer?
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Is that the case where the newer systems can no longer run PowerPC code in emulation mode?  Or some other issue?  I'm not familiar with the Mac release nomenclature, as I am a PC guy.

If the former...

You *could* get a time machine (no, not the software from Apple, a real one), go back to a time when Photoshop 7 would run, do your Photoshop 7 uninstall in Rosetta or whatever, and return to the present.  Conceptually, just 4 simple steps.

Honestly, I don't know what you're supposed to do.  I suppose someone might be able to suggest the folders and/or files you'll need to delete.  Photoshop 7 pre-dates the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool.

Seems a bit cheeky on Apple's part to make your perfectly good software - already installed on your system - unable to be run any longer.  Okay, more than a bit.

-Noel