• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 11 r2 downloaded after 3/29/2012 not working in Firefox, Chromium or Opera

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player 11 r2 downloaded after 3/29/2012 not working in Firefox 11, Chromium 18

or Opera 11.61 and not working in either Ubuntu 11.10 or OpenSUSE 11.4. 

In OpenSUSE 11.4, just updated today from firefox 10 and Flash Player 11 r1, which worked

to Firefox 11 and FlashPlayer 11 r2, which did not. Downloaded Opera 11.61, also didn't work

Also doesn't work in Firefox 11 or Chromium 18 in Ubuntu 11.10.  (two different computers)

Works in Chromium 17 in Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS (however, HTML5 is not working in that system)

Problem occurs with standard updates and no other configuration changes.

The open source alternatives, Gnash and SWF Flash, are not viable replacements, they either

crash or don't work properly. I have to use HTML5 as a workaround

This is a major disaster . I can replicate the problem on three different computers, two running Ubuntu 11.10

and one running OpenSUSE 11.4, and in three different browsers.

One feedback I received from Google is that Flash 11 r2 is working in Chromium 19 development, but

I don't have access to that repository on my systems.

Thank yoiu

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Define "not working".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thank you for your reply. By not working, I mean that, in the player screen in Youtube, the screen is black. There's no image,

and there's no control ribbon on the bottom. There's no indication that the video is playing, no circle of dots to indicate that it is loading, no > or || control, no volume control, no resolution control; no size control, .. nothing, just a black screen. Right clicking does nothing.

There's no error message (such as Aw snap!) and no puzzle piece logo to show that a plugin is not working.   If I disable adobe flash

and replace it with gnash or swf-flash, I can sometimes get the flash to load and play, but sometimes I get missing codec errors (h.264 mpeg). I have codecs installed, andgstreamer installed, the -good versions, and not the -bad or -ugly versions

I hope that this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the details.  Unfortunately I know close to nothing about Linux, so I am not really able to help until someone from the Adobe team can look at your problem after the weekend.

If I see a similar problem on Windows, one of the first things I usually recommend is to look for updated graphics drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would you mind to disable "Hardware Acceleration"?

right click on the flash content and select "Settings..."

click the first tab and uncheck the box for "Hardware Aceeleration"

refresh the page and try the video again.  thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered the same problem. Flash (11.2.202.233) no longer works on FireFox 11 but works on Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It finally decided to work! This is after rebooting Windows 7 about 6 times since I installed it! Go figure...

Wow... I spoke too soon! It's back to not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get Wimpy Player to work.  After updating Flash Player, I can only see Wimpy in IE.  Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera don't see the Flash Player and want me to install "missing" plugin(s).  When I try to "install"  I get initialization failure probably since the activex and exe are already on my system.

It doesn't seem to see the exe.

What can I do to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines