2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2008 5:55 AM by sulletf

Font displayed problem

sulletf
      Hello,

I created a simple website http://gonzague.nuxit.net/norden/norden.swf with Flex but the display of the text on page "AVOCATS" shows both vertical and horizontal scrollbar.
      This occurs on some friends PCs, not on mine ! I guess it is because not always the same font is used and it creates different paragraph widths.

I specified Arial (non embedded) font in a CSS under category Application :

Application {
      fontFamily: Arial;
      backgroundColor: #FFFFFF;
      horizontalAlign: left;
      paddingLeft: 50;
      paddingTop: 20;
      paddingBottom: 20;
      paddingRight: 50;
      }

I thought Flex applied different font when the one specified is not found on the client side : I guess Arial is on most of the machines now !! Is it because Flash does not find the location of the font files ?

Or something else ?

Thanks for helping ;)

FRED
        • 1. Re: Font displayed problem
          slaingod Level 1
          It could be there are differences in Flash player version as to how the fonts are rendered, which could cause differences. In general you can avoid those kinds of issues with a different design, or by using things like 'horizontalScroolPolicy="off"' or clipContent=false;

Also, looking at that page, the app sizes with the browser size, so if your friend has thicker browser borders for instance, he might get scroll bars where you wouldn't.
          • 2. Re: Font displayed problem
            sulletf Level 1
            Thanks all that makes sense.

I modified my containers and text width to leave space for the vertical scrollbars which makes the horizontal one disappear ...