2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2012 6:48 AM by Todd_Kopriva

move and enlarge a single object in a video ?

Luke.b.warner

How would I enlarge a single object and move it to different location on my video? For example when playing a video game, I want people to clearly see my health bar. So I would enlarge it and move it, to lets say the top right of the screen. How would I do this in After Effects CS5?

• 1. Re: move and enlarge a single object in a video ?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You would use elaborate masking and rotoscoping to separate it from whatever footage it is on and then you would use more masking and painting to cover up the hole you made. That being quite tedious and time consuming, you should probably settle on leaving whatever status bar you have in place including the background and just "zoom" it by scaling a duplicate of the layer and then mask it with a simple rectangular mask. Add some fancy border or drop shadow and that's it. You could of course also completely rebuild and animate a status bar from graphical elements, but that may not at all impress your friends with your gaming skills and come off as cheating...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: move and enlarge a single object in a video ?
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Mylenium gave you some specific answers, but I think that it might be valuable for you to take the time to start here to learn After Effects.