0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2012 11:21 PM by Julian Vrieslander

Does ACR 7 delete D800 profiles from ACR 6.7?

Julian Vrieslander

I have a Macbook Pro and a Mac Pro, both of which are running, OS X 10.7.3, Photoshop CS5, and ACR 6.7rc1. On the Macbook Pro, the folders for D800 and D800E profiles are present, and the canned profiles for those cameras appear in the Camera Profiles menu of ACR 6.7. But these folders and profiles are missing on the Mac Pro. I can load D800 raw files into PS CS5 on that machine, but ACR 6.7 only shows "Matrix" in the Camera Profiles menu.

Maybe the installation of ACR 6.7rc1 went awry on the Mac Pro. There's another possibility. I installed the beta versions of Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6 on the Mac Pro. They are running side by side with CS5 and appear to function OK. CS6 comes with ACR 7. Perhaps there is a conflict between ACR 6.7 and ACR 7.

I know that ACR 7 does not yet support D800(E). Is it possible that the CS6 installer removed the D800(E) profiles that had been installed by ACR 6.7?

Can ACR 6.7 and ACR 7 run on the same machine?

Is it safe for me to copy those missing profiles from Macbook Pro to the Mac Pro?