I'm using Photoshop CS5 for Mac, and when I try to save files as TGA or GIF, the Layers option is not available and the result is a flattened, single layer.
• Files I am working with are 8bit RGB.
• Photoshop is set to 32bit, not 64bit.
• There are no extra channels other than RGB.
• Switching files to indexed color doesn't help because it asks to merge all layers.
• I can open Gif files containing layers, but I can't then Save or Save As with layers.
All help appreciated, and thanks in advance.
Below is the save dialog box as it appears when i try to save a Gif or TGA.
GIF does not support layers.
Animated GIF files may open as layers into Photoshop. You need to save them again as an animated GIF file after manipulating them in the animation panel. The 'Save for Web' function would be most ideal.
As Marian said, PS will open GIF frames as layers. And TGAs can't have layers to begin nor can they contain multiple frames of animation. It's inherent in teh file format.
Thank you folks. I will follow your advice and see how I go.