• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not applicable to Windows 8 and above

Occasionally users can encounter the following scenarios:

• 'Failed to register' or other permissions error during installation.
  • After installing Flash Player, everything works correctly until you reboot your computer.  After rebooting, web pages ask you to install Flash Player again.  This cycle continues over and over.
  • Flash Player works fine for administrator accounts, but Flash content is not available when logging in under a standard Windows account.

We're working on addressing these issues with our installers, but in the meantime these issues can be fixed using the following steps:

1. Install Flash Player
    1. If you cannot install Flash Player due to a permissions or 'failed to register' error proceed to step 2
  2. Download the SubInACL Installer from Microsoft
  3. Install SubInACL and note the install location
  4. Download the attached "reset_fp.zip" file and extract the reset_fp.bat file to the SubInACL folder created in the previous step.
    • At this point, subinacl.exe and reset_fp.bat will be in the same folder.  Please note that you might not see the file extensions unless you've made them visible.
  5. If you are on Vista or Windows 7, right click "reset_fp.bat" and select "Run as Administrator".  If you are on XP, please make sure you are using an Administrator level account before double clicking.
  6. You'll see a window appear and text go by, this should only take a few seconds to complete.
  7. Restart your computer
  8. If you were unable to install Flash Player in step 1, do so now.
  9. Restart your computer and verify that Flash is working correctly.
TOPICS
FAQ

Views

1.1M

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the MS Win7 64bitUltimate. Recently I installed Adobe Connect software for some online meeting. At first, it said you have to install the Flash player 10.5 or above version. I did that but after installing the Adobe Connect said again, you have to install the flash player 10.5 or above. Could you help me what should I do?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines