20 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2012 4:02 AM by winconfig RSS
      • 15. Re: Adobe Reader X 10.2.0, waiting for new MSI package
        ludwigmace23

Not really sure, I haven't messed around with the customization wizard using this method.  With all the headache I was just happy to get it deployed at all.

Here's one of the pages I was looking at for random tips.  It might be helpful:

http://davesittechblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/deploy-adobe-reader-x-101.html

Good luck!

UPDATE: I found something on another post that might help.  Keep the setup.exe and setup.ini from when you extract the original EXE file and copy those into your deployment directory.  Then you should be able to run the Adobe Customization Wizard X and make a transform (mst) file.  I made one but haven't tested its deployment yet.

Message was edited by: ludwigmace23

• 16. Re: Adobe Reader X 10.2.0, waiting for new MSI package
          Hen_ry

Hi,

It works well.

With .exe and .ini files I can create the transform file and the deployment works with my changes.

Many thanks for your help.

• 17. Re: Adobe Reader X 10.2.0, waiting for new MSI package
            WHITCHY_SW20

Thank you so much ludwigmace23!

I had extracted the MSI from the 10.1.3 exe downloaded from the Adobe site and after creating an API was recieving the same error as the OP when trying to install.

Product: Adobe Reader X (10.1.3) -- Error 1334.The file 'adobearmhelper.exe' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'Data1.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

I have downloaded the 10.1.0 exe from your FTP link, applied the patch to that and its all sweet now!

If you don't want the prompt for a directory to appear at this point:

Get the EXE and extract like so:

AdbeRdr1010_en_US.exe -nos_o"Reader10" -nos_ne

Just include a network or drive location e.g.

AdbeRdr1010_en_US.exe -nos_o"c:\Reader10" -nos_ne

Thanks again!

Now come on Adobe, get your act together and provide a proper enterprise deployment tool!!!

• 18. Re: Adobe Reader X 10.2.0, waiting for new MSI package
              Rick-pri

Hen_ry wrote:

Hi ludwigmace23,

The guide you have posted works for me.

But in this way, it is not possible to make changes with the Adobe Customization Wizard.

How do you make changes like suppress eula, disable desktop shortcut, deactivate online functions and such things?

Is there a way to do this with registry changes?

I made my transform by customising the 10.1.0 msi package and then applied it as normal when creating my assignment GPO.

• 19. Re: Adobe Reader X 10.2.0, waiting for new MSI package
                Dpakch Adobe Employee

Rick,

Here's, how you can incoporate MST file in your install.

msiexec.exe /i <AIP distribution point dir path>\ <ProductName>.msi TRANSFORMS=<AIP distribution point dir path>\<ProductName>.mst

Let me know, if you need more information.

Regards,

Deepak

• 20. Re: Adobe Reader X 10.2.0, waiting for new MSI package
                  winconfig

Use this Command This will help you ''AdbeRdr1000_en_US.exe /sAll /rs /msi EULA_ACCEPT=YES''