4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2012 9:40 AM by kirstine41

How do you resize pictures in cs5.5?

kirstine41

I just got cs5.5, coming from a much older version (not sure which)...

Previously, after I placed a picture, I could change the size of the picture by typing in the exact height or width. Now when I do that it crops the picture to that width or height instead of resizing it.

I have figured out that if I check the "Auto Fit" button, it works. But I typically am working with hundreds of pictures, and I don't want to have to check the box with every single picture. How can I do this???

• 1. Re: How do you resize pictures in cs5.5?
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Type it into the scale field with the unit of measurement. For instance. Where it says 100% type in 4.5 in.

Bob

• 2. Re: How do you resize pictures in cs5.5?
            kirstine41 Level 1

On a picture that I had already clicked autofit, and applied an object style saved from previous versions, it resized it, but added a white border inside my blue border. but these same files are acting funny before i try this. Since there is an object style, it won't let the files be exactly 3 inches like i ask. every time i type 3 in the height or width box, it automatically makes it 3.11111. so when i try to type 3 in the scale field, it works, but shrinks the picture and adds the border.

your method does work for pictures that have not yet been touched, although i'm not excited about having to type in "in" everytime for hundreds of pictures. there has to be an easier way.

• 3. Re: How do you resize pictures in cs5.5?
              BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

If you turn on autofit and use the width and height fields the picture should scale properly.

Bob

• 4. Re: How do you resize pictures in cs5.5?
                kirstine41 Level 1

they do, but i would have to check that box with every single picture. and that's just an unnecessary step. i'm finding everything in this version way more difficult than it used to be. now i can't find out how to crop pictures when i have an object style on it. i used to just click and drag to where i wanted it cropped. it was SO EASY before.