Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message download

Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a new pdf when i try to search for words it prompts me to download new adobe. i have adobe 8 and when i download off the site it gets to 96% then an error message appears to close adobe 8 whihc is not open. this happens every time, How do i download or is there an update in my existing adobe 8? If so how do i start it? thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to download a specific Acrobat update?  If so which one?  Could you also please provide the error message?  Also what version of Windows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to close adobe 8 whihc is not open

It is. Task Manager --> Processes tab --> acrotray.exe. Terminate the process.

is there an update in my existing adobe 8? If so how do i start it?

You're two versions out of date. You did get that warning and upgrade requirement for a reason in teh first place....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstall the existing adobe reader 8 and then download and install Adobe Reader X from the below link.

http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines