• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serial number not working, not disk doesn't work (mac copy)

Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just brought a new Mac Mini installed my Photoshop CS3 onto it. When I opened the application my serial number wouldn't work because I've used it too many times. My last computer crashed, so I can't take Photoshop off it. I followed a tutorial which had two options:

1. reset the clock on your computer uninstall and re-install.

2. delete the following folders in /Library/Application Support/Adobe: Adobe PCD, backup and caps. And re-install

Now when I try to install Photoshop CS3 it doesn't even install! There is a cross instead of a tick next to everything. I've tried repair disk in Disk Utilities, and I was told that there was nothing wrong with the CD.

Is there a way to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6. Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6. Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you are not even able to install the software and gettingthe red cross as soon as enter your serial number.

hence follow this step:-

1)  Run the cleaner tool for CS3 , www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

2) delete the files ;- /Library/Application Support/Adobe: Adobe PCD, backup and caps

3) Re-install the software ,

let us know if the software gets installed ,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help so far. I've followed your steps, got the tick next to the serial number. Now it's saying that I've used up the maximum number of activations again. How do I reset the serial number or get a new one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has to be resetted by Adobe only...hence this is the chat link which will help you contact Adobe support ,

Just let them know what happened and they will reset the activation count.

chat link:- http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll chat to Adobe after the weekend and get back to you with the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure....No problem.....Hopefully everything will be fine and you will be able to use your photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a chat with Adobe, and they told me that my software is activated on two computers. I know these are computers are at my parents house, and are going to deactivate Photoshop on one so that I can activate it on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines